Bridgeview is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator for one of our clients. If you love building and supporting technology solutions that make businesses successful, then read on for more details.
TITLE: Senior Database Administrator
BENEFITS & PERKS: Medical, Dental & Vision on your first day, 4% match on 401(k), Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, employee perks, and more (detailed below).
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and supporting production and development databases. Key responsibilities include ensuring minimal downtime, optimizing performance, performing security and maintenance releases, and collaborating with developers to evolve the data model. The primary focus is on MySQL databases in the AWS Aurora platform, along with administration of DynamoDB, Redis, and Redshift databases.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Hands-on administration with AWS MySQL Aurora 5.7 or above, including 24×7 production support and on-call troubleshooting.
- Database upgrades, migrations, using an Agile development methodology.
- Will work independently and collaborate effectively with developers during software deployments.
- Management of the full life cycle of database schema design and implementation, which includes script management from development through production releases.
- Implementation of database schema changes in a live production environment requiring minimal downtime and zero performance impact.
- 8+ years as a MySQL, Redshift production DBA, with expertise in design, implementation, backup, recovery, monitoring, and performance tuning.
- 5+ years of experience with 24×7 support, troubleshooting, and managing databases in cloud environments (AWS).
- Experience with cloud-based services (AWS Cloudwatch, DataDog, Percona Monitoring Management PMM, Apms).
- Expertise in high-availability database features, replication, disaster recovery, and live production schema changes.
- Proficiency with cloud-specific technologies (S3, Route 53, CloudFormation), version control tools (GitHub), and database life-cycle management.
- Knowledge of database security, backup retention policies, and scaling databases.
- Experience managing databases (DynamoDB, Redshift, Redis).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
BridgeView makes it easy to say “yes” to joining our team, with national Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage effective on your very first day. Our 401(k) is 4% matched and fully vested, and we offer voluntary benefits such as TelaDoc, Short & Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, AD&D, Legal Shield, etc. We help you take care of your mind with a paid subscription to the Calm app, and your wallet with cashback available through thousands of vendors (Ace Hardware, Verizon, Overstock.com, and more).
BridgeView is a talent and technology consulting company that helps business leaders build exceptional technology teams and deliver complex projects with confidence.
Since 2005, BridgeView’s tenured recruiting team has built a vast network of niche technologists and executive leadership candidates to help our clients solve their most complex talent challenges. Paired with strategic consulting services, BridgeView further delivers project collaboration in the areas of people, process, and technology.
This blended approach allows clients to adjust in real-time to align with their budgets while receiving Big 5 expertise to meet their objectives.
BridgeView. Within Sight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made due to qualifications, merit, and business need. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location.