Bridgeview is currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer for one of our clients. If you love building and supporting technology solutions that make businesses successful, then read on for more details.
TITLE: Senior Data Engineer
BENEFITS & PERKS: Medical, Dental & Vision on your first day, 4% match on 401(k), Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, employee perks, and more (detailed below).
The Senior Data Engineer will play a critical role on the Data and Analytics team responsible for transforming data from disparate systems to provide insights and analytics for business stakeholders. This role will leverage cloud-based infrastructure to implement technology solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient. It will collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs, cross-functional teams, and business partners.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Architect, design, implement and operate data engineering solutions, using Agile methodology, that empower users to make informed business decisions.
- Continuously improve quality, efficiency, and scalability of data pipelines.
- Writing test cases to ensure data quality, reliability, and elevated level of confidence.
- Mentoring junior team members through code reviews and recommending adherence to best practices.
- Advancing modern technologies to improve data quality and reliability.
- Working within the full life data lifecycle, ensuring high-quality data plays across applications, machine learning, business analytics, and reporting.
- Exhibiting solid critical thinking skills, the ability to synthesize complex problems, and a talent for transforming data to create solutions that add value to a myriad of business requirements.
- Demonstrating the ability to facilitate and take ownership of assigned technical projects in a fast-paced environment.
- 7+ years of professional experience, including: 4+ years development experience building and maintaining ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) pipelines.
- 3+ years of Python development experience, 1+ year of Spark development.
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) integrations such as Kinesis, Firehose, Aurora Unload, Redshift, Spectrum, Elastic MapReduce, SageMaker and Lambda.
- Expert skills working with SQL queries, including performance tuning, utilizing indexes, and materialized views to improve query performance.
- Advanced knowledge of both OLTP and OLAP environments with successful implementation of efficient design concepts.
- Proficiency with the design and execution of NoSQL database to optimize Big Data storage and retrieval.
- Experience with API code integrations with external vendors such as Salesforce, Google Analytics to push/pull data between organizations.
- Familiarity with data orchestration pipeline using Argo or Airflow.
- Experience with real time technologies such as Kafka, Flink, Spark Structured Streaming is a plus.
- Knowledge of analytic tools such as R, Tableau, Python Pandas is a plus.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
BridgeView makes it easy to say “yes” to joining our team, with national Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage effective on your very first day. Our 401(k) is 4% matched and fully vested, and we offer voluntary benefits such as TelaDoc, Short & Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, AD&D, Legal Shield, etc. We help you take care of your mind with a paid subscription to the Calm app, and your wallet with cashback available through thousands of vendors (Ace Hardware, Verizon, Overstock.com, and more).
BridgeView is a talent and technology consulting company that helps business leaders build exceptional technology teams and deliver complex projects with confidence.
Since 2005, BridgeView’s tenured recruiting team has built a vast network of niche technologists and executive leadership candidates to help our clients solve their most complex talent challenges. Paired with strategic consulting services, BridgeView further delivers project collaboration in the areas of people, process, and technology.
This blended approach allows clients to adjust in real-time to align with their budgets while receiving Big 5 expertise to meet their objectives.
BridgeView. Within Sight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made due to qualifications, merit, and business need. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location.