Bridgeview is currently seeking a Java/Kotlin Software Engineer for one of our clients. If you love building and supporting technology solutions that make businesses successful, then read on for more details.
TITLE: Java/Kotlin Software Engineer
LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
BENEFITS & PERKS: Medical, Dental & Vision
The Java/Kotlin Software Engineer will work with the data infrastructure team who are dedicated and innovative software engineers with the challenge to process efficiently and securely an ever-growing volume of transactions. The team builds ground breaking applications and services that support modern data-lakes to handle large volumes of data. We are looking for a resourceful and creative java engineer, who communicates well, has initiative, is a self-starter, has strong problem-solving skills, attention to details, eager to learn and able work independently. We appreciate code that are modular, clean, concise, easy to read and maintain, with plenty test coverage. We praise good development practices, and good documentation.
- 5+ years of Java or Kotlin experience
- Strong core Java and Kotlin skills
- Containers expertise (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud technologies and services (AWS preferred)
- API and Rust experience is a plus
- Build tools: Maven and Git
- Comfortable in a LINUX command-line environment
- Scripting skills (Bash and Python)
- DB experience – working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with CI/CD systems and pipelines (preferably Gitlab CI/CD)
- Java Frameworks (Spring Boot, Keycloak, Open Search)
- JSON, RESTful web-services and Microservices
- Web-security skills: SAML, encryption, certificates, web attack protection
- JUnit, automated testing and test-driven development experience
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles and the ability to apply them.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Infrastructure as code and configuration management knowledge (Terraform, Puppet)
- Experience with data processing frameworks (Spark, Flume), and data modeling (DBT, SQL)
- Event stores and streaming processing experience (Kafka, Redis)
BridgeView is a talent and technology consulting company that helps business leaders build exceptional technology teams and deliver complex projects with confidence.
Since 2005, BridgeView’s tenured recruiting team has built a vast network of niche technologists and executive leadership candidates to help our clients solve their most complex talent challenges. Paired with strategic consulting services, BridgeView further delivers project collaboration in the areas of people, process, and technology.
This blended approach allows clients to adjust in real-time to align with their budgets while receiving Big 5 expertise to meet their objectives.
BridgeView. Within Sight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made due to qualifications, merit, and business need. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location.