Bridgeview is currently seeking an IT MANAGER for one of our clients. If you love building and supporting technology solutions that make businesses successful, then read on for more details.
TITLE: IT MANAGER
LOCATION: Remote with occasional travel to Texas, California, and Tennesse – Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for an Information Technology Manager (“IT Manager”). This is a new position and is perfect for someone who likes to strategize and plan, but really thrives on rolling up their sleeves and getting things done to bring those ideas to life. The ideal candidate has led and created processes, built infrastructure for other organizations, and can lead discussions and encourage thoughts on enabling business value and growth. This new role comes at an exciting time for the company since we recently launched a direct-to-consumer (“D2C”) nationwide shipping program and a Dallas-based centralized contact center in 2022.
The IT Manager will be the company’s first full-time technology hire and will be given the opportunity to help shape and improve our current technology infrastructure using best-in-class IT tools and practices. One of the primary responsibilities of this role will be supporting our COO in all technical areas of the point-of-sale (“POS”) system, Toast, and menu configuration therein. It is expected that the IT Manager will become the primary point of contact between Toast and our company. The IT Manager will own new item setup, menu configuration, and maintenance in Toast to ensure changes are well communicated & coordinated with operations teams and do not adversely impact day-to-day operations. Toast menu configuration and management will be a focal point of the role and will directly impact the Company’s ability to improve bakery-level reporting essential to enabling Bakery General Managers to optimize daily production pars and overall bakery efficiency. This part of the role will also directly impact the Company’s ability to improve website U/X and enhance website merchandising decisions aimed at increasing guest traffic and average order value.
The IT Managed will be highly empowered to assess current processes, procedures, and configurations related to Toast and its partner systems. Based on that evaluation, the IT Manager will be empowered to recommend changes to senior management and lead projects to optimize the Company’s use of Toast and partner systems. This scope of responsibility will include making recommendations relative to and leading the optimization of the vendor partnership ecosystem.
Alongside the responsibilities outlined above, this role will be responsible for Office 365 & Zendesk administration. This individual will also to help map out a plan around all our 3rd party software vendors and the future of our first-party data and overall data & reporting structure.
- 1-2 years’ experience with the following systems is required. Toast, Microsoft 365, Zendesk.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the restaurant and retail industries is desired.
- 1-2 years’ experience and familiarity with REST based APIs.
- Superb troubleshooting & debugging skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with team members and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals.
- Be plugged into new trends and developments across the industry and particularly within the
- shopping/retail & restaurant.
- Comfort working from home with initiative and sense of responsibility to thrive while managing day to day with limited to no supervision.
- Strategic approach, but willingness to roll up sleeves and work in the detail.
- Ability to switch between planning for the future and executing in the now.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology or a related field of study.
BridgeView is a talent and technology consulting company that helps business leaders build exceptional technology teams and deliver complex projects with confidence.
Since 2005, BridgeView’s tenured recruiting team has built a vast network of niche technologists and executive leadership candidates to help our clients solve their most complex talent challenges. Paired with strategic consulting services, BridgeView further delivers project collaboration in the areas of people, process, and technology.
This blended approach allows clients to adjust in real-time to align with their budgets while receiving Big 5 expertise to meet their objectives.
BridgeView. Within Sight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made due to qualifications, merit, and business need. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location.