Bridgeview is currently seeking an INFRASTRUCTURE INSTALLATION TECH for one of our clients. If you love building and supporting technology solutions that make businesses successful, then read on for more details.
TITLE: INFRASTRUCTURE INSTALLATION TECH
LOCATION: ONSITE – Colorado Springs, CO
BENEFITS & PERKS: Educational reimbursement, Employee stock purchase plan, Health benefits/Disability benefits/Life and accident insurance/Voluntary benefits/Retirement benefits, Paid time off and paid holidays, and Parental leave.
The Infrastructure Installation Technician installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies inside/outside the plant, manholes, handholds, and internally confined spaces. Performs a variety of infrastructure maintenance on products such as integrated systems and subsystems at customer and/or field locations. Analyses and evaluates products related to performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problems in minimum time. Installs, upgrades, and removes products ensuring engineering changes. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Install and maintain underground, buried, copper core, and fiber-optic cables supporting systems for command, control, communications, and computers.
- Plan, maintain, and install all cable and communication conveyance systems.
- Process formal customer requests and develop technical solutions.
- Maintains cable installation records and schematics using the database.
- Performs configuration control for all communications cables and conveyances for CMSFS.
- Focal point for any/all questions concerning authorized access to the CMAFS bellows; maintains access list, logs all information on the master station log, alarm/de-alarm and maintains combinations.
- Resolve project installation and maintenance troubles by using project sketches, drawings, project directives, diagrams, and Technical Orders.
- Follow project installation and maintenance actions and repair procedures.
- Conduct system tests to assess cable capabilities and serviceability.
- Coordinate operations with using activities.
- Install, inspect, and evaluate cable installation, and maintenance actions.
- Evaluate inspection reports and analyzes survey and test results.
- Process Civil Engineer work clearance requests; locate mark and record underground communication cables.
- Operate and maintain special tools, test equipment, auxiliary equipment, and special vehicles.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace fiber optic, transceivers, mux, and modems.
- Knowledge/certification of mechanical and fusion fiber optic splices/connectors.
- Experience working with an Air Force/Space Force customer in a high-paced environment.
- Experience with Air Force/Space Force processes/tools for tracking projects, maintenance schedules, and updating cable equipment and facing records.
- A good working knowledge of EIA 568A/B cabling standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Top Secret
BridgeView is a talent and technology consulting company that helps business leaders build exceptional technology teams and deliver complex projects with confidence.
Since 2005, BridgeView’s tenured recruiting team has built a vast network of niche technologists and executive leadership candidates to help our clients solve their most complex talent challenges. Paired with strategic consulting services, BridgeView further delivers project collaboration in the areas of people, process, and technology.
This blended approach allows clients to adjust in real-time to align with their budgets while receiving Big 5 expertise to meet their objectives.
BridgeView. Within Sight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made due to qualifications, merit, and business need. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location.