Bridgeview is currently seeking a Network Engineer for one of our clients. If you love building and supporting technology solutions that make businesses successful, then read on for more details.
TITLE: Network Engineer (Top Secret Clearance min req.)
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Health benefits/Disability benefits/Life and accident insurance/Voluntary benefits/Retirement benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Parental leave
The Network Engineer independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Makes minor adaptations and modifications. Independently performs project assignments that involve few complex features and can be guided by codes, standards, and other precedents of the discipline. Analyzes and/or evaluates the results of an analysis using techniques prescribed by senior engineers or supervisors. Accomplishes and completes tasks of limited scope or solves problems that require investigation of a limited number of variables.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Work with Agile teams to provide operational design, technical support, upgrades, and optimization of various network communications and systems.
- Installing and configuring data center switches, routers, and firewalls to keep data and communications protected.
- Responsible for conducting site surveys, installing, and configuring network and boundary protection solutions; acting as program liaison; and assisting in data collection and validation efforts at each location.
- Monitoring data center systems to improve network performance overall systems.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues to other employees and management.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures based on DoD RMF SP 800-53.
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to government systems.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate: CCNA
- Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE
- Good understanding of networking protocols – switching technologies, routing fundamentals, firewalls, IP subnets, firewalling, load balancing, zones, and Management Networks.
- Networking Experience in Advanced NSX-T Edge Node configuration, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and Static Routing, Switching, and routing technologies (L2-L3).
- Experience with Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco Firepower.
- vSphere Certification: VCP-DCV
- NSX-T Certification: VCP-NV
- Cisco Certified Network Professional: CCNP
- Experience with DoD STIGs (as related to networking devices)
- Experience with virtual distributed switches (VDS)
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewall configurations
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- BS/BA or equivalent experience. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the education requirement
- CCNA, DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CCNA Security, GSEC, CISSP, etc.)
- Top Secret
Founded in 2005, BridgeView provides exceptional technology consulting, project augmentation, and placement services that help organizations and technologists achieve their goals. Our ability to evolve with the market and quickly adapt to client environments makes us a unique alternative to the status quo. It’s why we’ve achieved constant growth since the day we opened our doors, attracting well-known companies and expert talent. With a home base in downtown Denver and a team that embodies a work hard, play hard attitude, BridgeView is a personable but professional partner to you. We’ve won awards and we’ve had great success, but nothing is more rewarding than forming genuine connections with business leaders and technologists.
Apply for the above role or sign up for job alerts at https://www.bridgeviewit.com/job-alerts/