Job Reference: 9414
Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Boston, MA. The position can be in Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, Richmond, Atlanta or fully remote. Must be able to work EST times.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
- You’ll work on real-world problems in a dynamic environment with talented team members to deliver quality software.
- Participate in all phases of software life cycle including architecture, design, implement, test, and launch
- Collaborate with business partners to gather requirements, implement new functionality and drive continuous improvements
- Successful candidates will be curious, independent thinkers who are excited by challenges and driven by building great products.
- They will play a key role in developing our Data
- Platform & Machine Intelligence product offerings.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Participate in early stage of projects in defining the platform for the next generation data and machine intelligence products
- Work with a team of engineers with deep experience in streaming, distributed microservices, full stack systems, and machine intelligence,
- Build APIs and processing pipelines for multi-tenant, high-volume, distributed, and realtime systems
- You will develop software systems from ground up using a modern technology stack such as, Core Java, Python, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, serverless technologies,
- PostgreSQL, NoSQL
- Stay current on technological and analytical trends
- Be passionate about experimentation and testing new ideas
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- 7+ years professional experience in a software engineering role
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field, but will consider relevant work experience
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Pragmatic programming skills in Core Java, SQL
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka
- Working with public cloud providers, microservices architectures, containerization, distributed systems
- Unix/Linux including commands and shell scripting
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications/designs
- Solid communication skills: speaking, writing, presenting
- Experience with parallel computing, stream processing technologies: Spark, Flink, Beam, etc.
- Familiarity with high volume, highly available, low latency systems
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications on Kubernetes
- Knowledge of RDBMS: MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with C++
- Understanding of network communications protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, unicast, multicast
- Medical: Provided by Aetna
- Dental: Provided by Aetna
- Vision: Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following: Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Auto Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Homeowners/Renters Insurance, Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.