Job Reference: 9688
Bridgeview is currently seeking a Senior Applications Security Engineer at one of our clients. If you love building and supporting technology solutions that make businesses successful, then read on for more details.
TITLE: Senior Applications Security Engineer
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be at the heart of our engineering process building and securing software systems that empower engineering teams to develop and deliver secure services.
We’re looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our growing Security team. You will have the opportunity to help us define and deliver a security engineering strategy that sits at the intersection of Site Reliability Engineering and Continuous Delivery. You will work on a broad range of security projects with an engineering focus. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about delivering innovative security solutions that empower engineering teams to deliver software with security built in.
- Conduct risk and threat assessments to identify risks and any associated weaknesses, as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks.
- Design, build, and deploy security controls and associated tooling with an emphasis on automation and integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Make security metrics and solutions easily consumable for development teams.
- Teach, coach, and advocate Security Engineering principles across the Engineering team.
- Assist in code reviews and security assessments across the organization.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to enhance event monitoring, security alerting, and incident response workflows
- Recommend and implement technical, process, and policy changes.
- Participate in daily scrum standups, sprint planning, and other team rituals including retrospectives
- Background working in security engineering organizations, protecting AWS or Kubernetes environments.
- Automation, using CI/CD systems and tools to automate security task work is one of your core values.
- Broad familiarity with security operations topics that affect infrastructure, including identity and access, network, vulnerability, and change management.
- Ideally you’ll have experience with encryption and key management systems.
- You’re comfortable developing software at some level, using at least one server-side programming language. (e.g. Scala, Java, Go, Python.) It’s OK if you're not an expert.
- The network and traffic delivery stack is familiar territory to you, including firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, and web application firewalls to name a few.
- Experience with compliance, including but not limited to SOC 2 Type 2 and PCI-DSS.
- You’re a great communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about learning and constantly challenging yourself for continuous improvement.
- You live the our Values:
- Don’t Say Nothing. Speak your mind. Challenge. Cheer! Converse. Do it honestly, respectfully, and most of all constructively.
- Own The Outcome. Be invested beyond role, experience or title. You are the master of one, and the champion for all.
- Change Shoes Often. With ourselves. With our users. And without judgment.
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Founded in 2005, BridgeView provides exceptional technology consulting, project augmentation, and placement services that help organizations and technologists achieve their goals. Our ability to evolve with the market and quickly adapt to client environments makes us a unique alternative to the status quo. It’s why we’ve achieved constant growth since the day we opened our doors, attracting well-known companies and expert talent. With a home base in downtown Denver and a team that embodies a work hard, play hard attitude, BridgeView is a personable but professional partner to you. We’ve won awards and we’ve had great success, but nothing is more rewarding than forming genuine connections with business leaders and technologists.
Apply for the above role or sign up for job alerts.