Job Reference: 9395
Here’s the thing – an organization’s cloud is inseparable from its business strategy. The cloud touches every part of a company, and that means this position has a tangible and direct impact on our client’s operations. We’re not saying that one role is more important than another, but there’s a reason cloud positions like this are so visible from a high elevation.
Seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help accelerate the development and adoption of our next-generation software deployment platform. Our team is using Kubernetes and Helm to provide a consistent, reliable, and scalable infrastructure platform for use by teams throughout the company. This platform hosts production deployments of products for many customers, and is a key technology that enables engineering to successfully execute a devops transformation. Your role will be to ensure that our technology works, our processes are sensible and lightweight, and our software updates are executed fast and error-free. You will continuously improve our deployment processes and implement automation to reduce or eliminate the need for human intervention and attendance.
You'll be working with a distributed and diverse team of software and systems engineers whose expertise has enabled us to scale applications to hundreds of customers and millions of platform subscribers. We're an agile team that stays connected during Covid through daily standups and our regular sprint ceremonies. We rely heavily on each others' creativity and initiative as we strive to continuously improve our automation and processes.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
– Partner with other engineers on the team to design and architect new systems
– Implement features and functionality for the cloud platform
– Troubleshoot infrastructure and application issues as they are reported
– Identify failure domains and help to architect next-generation systems that eliminate them
– Guide users in implementing best practices for platform usage
– Write engineering-level documentation for your code
– Author cloud automation that is stable, speedy, and safe
– Design and implement software and tools to improve quality of service for our customers
– Provide engineering-level support for issues reported from the field
– Build tools to rapidly triage issues in the field
– Support our engineer/customers as they transition to a devops model
Cloud, AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, Linux, Windows, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Helm, Salt, Jenkins, Concourse, Go, Python
– Medical Plan
– Dental Plan
– Vision Plan
– Life Insurance
– Match 401K
– Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
– Base Salary Range: $125K – $140K
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed