Job Reference: 9312
Do you have what it takes to harness the power of the internet like a superhero in a comic book movie? We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is ready to make an impact for one of our clients in Boston, MA (Remote).
***Currently, employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic but we are looking to hire this candidate to eventually work on-campus in Boston, MA.
Here’s the thing – the internet is an incredible tool, but it would be worthless without properly functioning websites and mobile apps. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain a world-class level of customer service. If you can ensure a company’s online presence is reliable, professional, and free from errors, then this position is right for you.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Work with senior leadership to architect solutions and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner.
- Mentor junior engineers to develop the next generation of engineering.
- See your work as it powers improved customer understanding / experience or enables new features and functionality in our ad tech stack.
- Handle ambiguity with limited oversight; leverage technical acumen, experience, and network to answer questions and remove roadblocks.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various trade-offs including speed to delivery vs. ongoing maintainability and others.
- Collaborate well with senior management, product managers, and all other stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Fluency in a server side programming language (Java, Python, C#, and or PHP preferred).
- Understanding of the end-to-end web stack including specifics of the HTTP protocol and proficiency with designing systems at scale.
- Experience with big data, streaming technologies and / or RESTful web service development preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to own a part of the success.
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed