Job Reference: 9224
Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking a senior-level full stack, Software Engineer who is ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
The senior-level full stack, Software Engineer will play a key role in the development and maintenance of commercial software product(s) in building reliable, testable, scalable and high-performing enterprise class products for our customers. The successful candidate must be able to create full stack components and features that are directly accessible through multiple channels including web, mobile or API. You will also work with production support teams to triage priority issues.
You will work with all software product development disciplines (including engineering, architecture, product, quality assurance and systems) to develop and maintain solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilizing industry standard best practices and modern software engineering techniques. Some key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, code, test and debug new product enhancements for commercial software product(s).
- Drive maintainable and reusable solutions that are both secure and adhering to acceptable performance benchmarks.
- Conduct code reviews for peers and/or junior team members.
- Embrace, implement and evangelize test automation (and automation in general) as part of the fabric of the team.
- Participate in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, MIS or related technology field.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 6+ years of Ruby/Rails, Python, Java and/or Golang programming experience.
- Experience programming against SQL, NoSQL, in-memory and distributed SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, CockroachDB)
- Experience with message-brokering middleware such as RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ (0MQ)
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of software design principles such as SOLID and DI.
- RESTful Architecture experience.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), multi-tenancy application development.
- Embraces the concepts of Agile Scrum software development and its related collaboration and issue tracking tools (e.g. Freshworks, JIRA, Rally).
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) model including Github and CI pipeline automation tools.
- Experience working for a SaaS commercial software product company requiring software product usage and high availability in a 24/7/365 model.
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness for continual learning. e.g. we mostly use Ruby today; we may move to other languages in the future.
- Must be willing to remediate code written by others.
- Cloud experience with AWS, GCP
- Containerization experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Telecom experience including: SIP, VoIP technologies (Asterisk, Freeswitch, Kamailio)
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed