Job Reference: 9589
TITLE: Scrum Master
LOCATION: Fully Remote
BENEFITS & PERKS: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance; 4% match on 401K, Life & LTD Insurance, and Employee Perks (more detail below)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
1. Servant Leader – Scrum master will serve the team and product owner to guide and coach the team to turn requirements into the working software on an iterative basis that adds value to the customer.
2. Monitoring and Tracking – The scrum team gives the commitment on work, scrum master has to track the progress and help the team to achieve the given commitment. Tracking is important on a daily basis so that if needed proactive measures can be taken well ahead of time.
3. Reporting & Communication – All the reporting about the progress of the sprint is scrum master responsibility. Creates a weekly dashboard of statistics to be shared with team members, Product Owner, and stakeholders.
4. Interface between the technical team and the product owner (PO). The scrum team has a dependency on the PO to provide the requirements and the clarity on the requirements. The Scrum master needs to help team understands the requirements and must guide and coach the team to accomplish what they have committed to.
5. Resolves impediments – Scrum master will resolve all the impediments and team should concentrate on the building software and adding value. Some examples of dependencies of impediments are other scrum team dependencies, requirement dependencies, team member dependencies and environment and other technical implementation dependencies.
6. Lead all the ceremonies – scrum masters are responsible to lead all of the daily team ceremonies.
7. Shields the team – a scrum master should stand in front of the team and protect them from any unnecessary interruption or problems.
8. Team formation – coaching and building team to come together as a team instead of a group of individuals. Goal is to help team to learn to commit to and complete work in a predictable manner. Team needs to accountable and do whatever is necessary to meet commitments on a consistent basis.
9. Performance Feedback – scrum masters will provide necessary feedback about the team members to the development team manager and/or provide direct feedback to team members depending on the working agreement established between scrum master and development team manager.
10. Improvement – Scrum masters should continually be focused on driving and guiding the team to achieve better quality, predictability and value to the business.
Minimum of 2-3 years experience required in similar or related capacity.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Agile certifications, such as CSM, PMI-ACP or PSM, preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
1. Experience guiding teams of developers, analysts, architects and engineers preferably in a matrix organization.
2. Ability to guide projects from inception to successful post-implementation.
3. Demonstrated competency in developing effective solutions to successfully resolve diverse and complex business problems.
4. Strong analytical, communications, technical teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
5. Must be proficient in TFS, MS CRM, Excel, Access, or other database utilities and other Microsoft technologies.
Founded in 2005, BridgeView provides exceptional technology consulting, project augmentation, and placement services that help organizations and technologists achieve their goals. Our ability to evolve with the market and quickly adapt to client environments makes us a unique alternative to the status quo. It’s why we’ve achieved constant growth since the day we opened our doors, attracting well-known companies and expert talent. With a home base in downtown Denver and a team that embodies a work hard, play hard attitude, BridgeView is a personable but professional partner to you. We’ve won awards and we’ve had great success, but nothing is more rewarding than forming genuine connections with business leaders and technologists.
Apply for the above role or sign up for job alerts at https://www.bridgeviewit.com/job-alerts/.
Medical: Provided by Aetna
Dental: Provided by Aetna
Vision: Provided by VSP
401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following: Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Auto Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Homeowners/Renters Insurance, Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)