Job Reference: 9980
TITLE: Principal Systems Analyst
LOCATION: Castle Rock, CO
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Generous PTO, Vacation & Sick Day Offering, 401K retirement plan with 8% match. Aetna Medical coverage at no cost to the employee, Dental & Vision Coverage. Tuition reimbursement & employee training.
The Principal Systems Analyst is responsible for advancing Application Services’ technologies and practices, and leading the analysis and design, configuration, testing, maintenance, and support of the business applications to ensure effective application services delivery and support enterprise strategies. The person in this role is also responsible for working with Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Services to ensure cloud and/or server platform and security needs of applications are met. In coordination with the IT Project Management Office, the person in this role will assist in defining project scope, requirements, and timeline.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Consult with business staff on process and service improvements enabled by information technology
- Elicit, document, and analyze business requirements and develop solution requirements
- Evaluate fit of in-use solutions and available market alternatives to solution requirements
- Develop and enhance solution architecture
- Develop solution designs consistent with solution architecture
- Develop test plans to verify solution designs and confirm that solution requirements are met
- Install software onto existing infrastructure
- Configure software applications
- Test software applications to verify correct installation and configuration
- Test software application monitoring, backup/restore, failover, and disaster recovery
- Maintain CMDB, runbooks, and other documentation to facilitate effective application lifecycle management
- Plan and implement change to software applications
- Monitor and manage software application availability, capacity, and performance
- Respond to and mitigate incidents related to software applications
- Investigate and correct problems related to software applications
- Develop deployment, roll-back, cutover, migration, upgrade, and other technical plans.
- Collaborate with Project Managers on project WBS and schedule
- Act as team lead or project manager for assigned activities
- Assists business units in development and implementation of their strategic objectives, policies, procedures, and standards. Acts as a leading contributor to Project and Program teams and to Steering Committees.
- Evaluates techniques and processes and makes recommendations that will improve the division’s effectiveness and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain relations with 3rd party support and vendors
- Mentors and trains team members in IT methods, practices, and tools
- Performs other duties as assigned including, but not limited to participating in projects where their skills are applicable. This could include, but are not limited to, work on business intelligence efforts, workflow, and web page content management.
- Ten years’ experience in an internally focused IT role supporting business applications is required.
- Ten years’ experience of platform development, configuration, and support of COTS, SAAS or PAAS applications is required.
- Ten years’ experience working within Waterfall or Agile Methodologies is required.
- Experience with local government business processes is preferred.
- Software development / support experience is preferred.
- Business analysis and financial analysis experience is preferred.
- Project management and/or cross-functional team leadership experience is preferred.
- ITIL certification, Prosci certification, Lean Six Sigma (or similar) certification are preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Application Support: Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Advises on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Business Analysis: Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organization change. Selects, adopts, and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Methods and Tools: Provides advice, guidance, and expertise to promote adoption of methods and tools and adherence to policies and standards. Evaluates and selects appropriate methods and tools in line with agreed policies and standards. Implements methods and tools at program, project and team level including selection and tailoring in line with agreed standards. Manages reviews of the benefits and value of methods and tools. Identifies and recommends improvements. Contributes to organizational policies, standards, and guidelines for methods and tools.
- Requirements Definition and Management: Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for large, complex initiatives. Selects, adopts, and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts. Establishes requirements baselines. Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed. Contributes to the development of organizational methods and standards.
- Software Design: Designs software components and modules using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed software design standards, patterns, and methodology. Creates and communicates multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all stakeholders of the software design and to allow for both functional and non-functional requirements. Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs. Recommends designs which take into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems. Reviews, verifies, and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others’ designs. Models, simulates or prototypes the behavior of proposed software to enable approval by stakeholders, and effective construction of the software. Verifies software design by constructing and applying appropriate methods.
- Testing: Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or program. Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities. Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution. Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project. Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability. Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters. Identifies process improvements and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Demonstrates leadership.
- Communicates effectively, both formally and informally.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Analyses, designs, plans, executes, and evaluates work to time, cost, and quality targets.
- Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
- Takes all requirements into account when making proposals.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation, and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder
- Advises on the available standards, methods, tools, and applications relevant to own specialty and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry.
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date.
- Mentors colleagues.
- Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Proactively ensures security is appropriately addressed within their area by self and others.
- Contributes to the security culture of the organization.
- An expert knowledge of systems integration, application security, business process and logical data modeling is required.
- An expert knowledge of software application configuration, testing, and support in a multiplatform environment (Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux environments and/or cloud platform).
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
A bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university is required.
LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License upon hire, with complying insurance. Review of motor vehicle record is required at time of hire and periodically throughout employment.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal background check including fingerprinting through a national database.
Founded in 2005, BridgeView provides exceptional technology consulting, project augmentation, and placement services that help organizations and technologists achieve their goals. Our ability to evolve with the market and quickly adapt to client environments makes us a unique alternative to the status quo. It’s why we’ve achieved constant growth since the day we opened our doors, attracting well-known companies and expert talent. With a home base in downtown Denver and a team that embodies a work hard, play hard attitude, BridgeView is a personable but professional partner to you. We’ve won awards and we’ve had great success, but nothing is more rewarding than forming genuine connections with business leaders and technologists.
Apply for the above role or sign up for job alerts at https://www.bridgeviewit.com/job-alerts/