Job Reference: 9243
Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking a Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (Embedded Device Focused) who is ready to take control of large-scale testing projects for one of our clients in Lakewood, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s an ERP, an enterprise application, or an in-hand device, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
As a Principal SDET for our clients, you will work closely with architects and team leaders to provide technical leadership with the ability to influence and inspire change in our organization. Closely collaborate with technology and product leadership to orchestrate medium to large scale development efforts as a member of a scrum team. May work on several components of a project, and or a complex component of a project within multiple cross-functional teams
Designs and provides leadership for the functional group's technical development, direction and effectiveness.
Remain hands-on, contributing to multiple codebases, while also providing technical leadership within the scrum team(s). Works beyond routine nature of tasks. Is forward thinking; designing efficient and effective solutions through thoughtful planning for embedded devices
- In collaboration with the architecture team, drives standards on code quality, reliability, scalability, and performance of medical devices for our client.
- Implements and maintains software automation tools based on software development technologies.
- Advises functional group on software test automation feasibility, implementation, process improvements and maintenance plans.
- Demonstrates expert level computer science fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures, OOP and software design.
- Demonstrates expert level application of Source Code Management tools.
- Designs frameworks and implements design patterns to support performance and security testing.
- Supports performance and security testing activities at all levels of the test pyramid.
- Coordinates with third-party partners in developing and executing performance and security testing.
- Collaborates across teams to enhance Continuous integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) techniques across teams.
- Trains and coaches functional group on developing automated software tests using TDD techniques and creating build pipelines.
- Design, develop and manage dynamic software test data creation.
- Organizes and controls the software testing process to help deliver high quality software.
- Creates training documentation & conducts knowledge transfer sessions for functional group.
- Trains and coaches functional group on developing automated software tests using the established software automation framework.
- Troubleshoots environmental set-up issues related to software test automation.
- Collaborates effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality.
- Approve Code/Test Reviews.
- Participates in all levels of testing as required.
- Drives discussions for determining appropriate level at which to test the implemented functionality.
- Demonstrates mastery of traditional white and black box software test techniques.
- Manages and provides leadership for the functional group’s development, direction, and effectiveness, adhering to organizational policies and processes and supporting overall business and corporate objectives.
- Collaborates with regulatory and quality peers to improve processes to support industry and Company regulatory and software quality standards.
- Responsible for oversight of the SQA/testing activities across all teams, ensuring adherence to best practices, consistency across the organization, maintainability and reusability of tests across the organization.
- Ensures release of software, writes verification reporting, performs reliability assessments, deferred issue reporting, requirements traceability, readiness statement and review, and process verification.
- Manages cross-functional risk analysis reviews, FMECA updates and FMECA traceability.
- Works closely with scum master, product owner, and functional management to train, enforce, and enhance Agile principles and practices.
- Demonstrates required competencies and grow in the Leadership Competency Model.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Proficient in object-oriented programming and embedded software development C++, .NET C#, Python, Typescript/Angular 8+, T-SQL,
- Proficient in unit testing using tools like Nunit, xUnit or jUnit, Catch2 for C++ unit testing, using tools like RestAssured, Postman/Swagger for API testing and using tools like Cucumber and Selenium or Protractor for System testing.
- Experience in managing offshore and onshore SDET resources
- Experience implementing solutions to maximize test efficiency and scalability.
- Proficient in prescribing and implementing automated testing principles and best practices for unit, component, interface, and system level tests.
- Ability to assimilate knowledge quickly with a strong sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Encourages others to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization.
- Takes constructive action to navigate difficulties or obstacles.
- Manages the risk that comes with moving forward when the outcome isn’t certain.
- Decisively makes high-quality decisions, even when based on incomplete information or in the face of uncertainty.
- Balances the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Settles differences in productive ways with minimum noise.
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed