Job Reference: 9835
TITLE: Principal Customer Solutions Engineer (Storage)
LOCATION: Remote. This is a full-time remote position anywhere in the US or Canada, with preference to location in the Eastern US time zone.
BENEFITS & PERKS: Excellent healthcare plan, life & disability insurance, health & fitness reimbursements, great PTO plan, 401k plan with match, leadership and skills training opportunities, two paid work days for off-site training, and a paid work day for community service.
The Principal Customer Solutions Engineer – Storage brings creativity, curiosity and passion to the role. They demonstrate deep technical versatility, and the experience to deliver differentiated exceptional customer experiences to customers by:
- Solving real problems for, and delivering real value to, our customers and partners every day
- Delivering successful outcomes for our customers and partners with speed, precision, quality, and innovation
- Demonstrating that we take commitments seriously to our customers, to our partners, and to each other
- Technical leadership
- Accountable for technical and team leadership on customer engagements
- Represents the technical team in project communications
- Responsible for leading architecture, design and delivery of the solution
- Determines technical resource skill requirements for project delivery tasks
- Assist Project Management in change control risk management, planning, estimating and drive toward expected outcomes
- Demonstrates an understanding of practical application of products in a variety of customer environments
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams on new features based on customer input
- Articulates the practical application of the products in a variety of customer environments
- Identifies opportunities for additional customer technology enhancements through understanding of product solutions
- Contributes as subject matter expert in services pre-sales activities including discovery, scoping and solution proposals.
- Services to Customers
- Provide exceptional value-driven services to customers
- Builds upon established solution delivery techniques to help drive continual improvement
- Guides and trains customers in best practice configuration and use of products
- Establishes credibility as a product expert with all audience levels
- Mentors and teaches other consultants on product implementation strategies
- Leverages subject matter experts to provide effective and creative solutions to customers
- Assertively and persuasively deals with challenges
- Partners with Project Management to develop an effective approach to projects that considers customer objectives, timeframe and budget
- Gains an understanding of the customer business and seeks to identify opportunities where we can bring added value to the customer
- 10 + years in related Information Technology position
- 8+ years Consulting, or team lead experience
- Advanced subject matter expert whose technical skills include experience in several of the products below:
- IBM Tivoli Automated Tape Allocation Manager for z/OS
- IBM Tivoli Advanced Reporting for DFSMShsm
- IBM z/OS DFSMSrmm
- IBM Tivoli Tape Optimizer on z/OS
- IBM Tivoli Advanced Backup and Recovery for z/OS
- IBM OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS
- IBM Tivoli Advanced Audit for DFSMShsm
- IBM Tivoli Advanced Catalog Management for z/OS
- Advanced technical knowledge of IBM System Z, z/OS and its concepts
- Previous storage administration experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of IBM’s z/OS Storage Management Subsystem
- Knowledge of other Z software, including the fundamentals of system operation and configuration, VSAM/QSAM, SMP/E, and RACF security
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
Founded in 2005, BridgeView provides exceptional technology consulting, project augmentation, and placement services that help organizations and technologists achieve their goals. Our ability to evolve with the market and quickly adapt to client environments makes us a unique alternative to the status quo. It’s why we’ve achieved constant growth since the day we opened our doors, attracting well-known companies and expert talent. With a home base in downtown Denver and a team that embodies a work hard, play hard attitude, BridgeView is a personable but professional partner to you. We’ve won awards and we’ve had great success, but nothing is more rewarding than forming genuine connections with business leaders and technologists.
Apply for the above role or sign up for job alerts at https://www.bridgeviewit.com/job-alerts/.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView is an equal opportunity employer.