Job Reference: 9265
Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking Software Configuration Engineers who are ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Denver and Philadelphia.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Work on a new DevOps Team to support the development teams
- Maintain the applications and its environments up to date with latest versions of OS, middleware, infosec requirements, libraries and application versions, ensuring that vulnerabilities are quickly remediated.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- 2+ years of DevOps experience
- 6+ years of professional Java software development experience
- Experience with Linux. Good scripting skills
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Experience with web servers (jboss, wildfly, tomcat)
- Understanding of proxies (apache httpd, nginx)
- DB experience – working knowledge of SQL
- Web-security skills: SAML, encryption, certificates, web attack protection
- Build tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Gitlab
- Repos: SVN/GIT (BitBucket, Gitlab)
- Experience with CI-CD pipelines
- Spring IOC and/or Springboot framework experience
- JSON, RESTful web-services
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor and exceptional character
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- SFTP protocol knowledge.
- JUnit, automated testing and test-driven development experience a plus
- Financial market development background a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies and services (AWS preferred)
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
• Medical: Provided by Aetna
• Dental: Provided by Aetna
• Vision: Provided by VSP
• 401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
• Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
• ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following: Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Auto Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Homeowners/Renters Insurance, Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
• Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed