Job Reference: 9206
If you love building the architecture that makes information technology possible, then we have news for you: we’re seeking a Desktop Support Technician who is ready to pick up a (figurative) hammer for one of our clients in Riverview, FL.
Here’s the thing – if a company’s technology stack were a person, then the network of vital organs and veins would be its system positions. Without experts designing, implementing, analyzing, and maintaining important systems, a company simply can’t function. If that sounds exciting, you just might be the lifeblood our client needs.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Reporting to the Information Technology Operations Department, the Desktop Support Technician 2 is responsible for tier 2 Service Requests. The Desktop Support Technician 2 is proactively involved in maintaining equipment, identifying potential problems, and researching and following up on moderately difficult to complex desktop-related problems. This person will interface regularly with various business units and end-users to perform day-to-day client support.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems, or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Mentors Desktop and Service Desk Staff and intern employees in the role of Information Technology Services.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Maintain and administer the company phone system (e.g., new user setup and voicemail configuration, vendor and phone service provider relations, phone system testing and inventory).
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Provide desktop support 24/7 (weekdays and weekends outside of normal business hours).
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Perform related duties as requested.
- Assists with hierarchical and functional escalations
- 3-5+ years hands-on experience in Desktop Support and Software Support (preferably Microsoft OS and Office Platforms)
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a remote environment without direct supervision.
- Experience providing 24/7 support (weekdays and weekends).
- Experience in the analysis, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of all aspects of a client/server data network including multi-facility client/server network and system administration and support. Experience should include IT ticketing and request systems, ITIL methodology.
- Experience with Windows active directory, LDAP, and group policies
- Experience with Exchange Email administration
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred; years of equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
Microsoft Desktop Support Technician certification preferred
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.