Job Reference: 9327
Are you into cloud formation? We’re seeking a Cloud Security Engineer who is ready to scale one of our electrifying clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – an organization’s cloud is inseparable from its business strategy. The cloud touches every part of a company, and that means this position has a tangible and direct impact on our client’s operations. We’re not saying that one role is more important than another, but there’s a reason cloud positions like this are so visible from a high elevation.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be responsible for the supporting the implementation of security controls, automation/orchestration of administrative tasks, and enforcement of governance policies in our multi-cloud environments.
- You will be focused on development efforts that enable a self-service governance framework, reduce risk for the company, improve accountability, security, scalability, and increases business agility.
- Efforts you will be involved in will be mostly cross functional that will involve other engineers & architects from multiple teams, as such collaboration skills are just as important as technical skills.
- This position is key to the success of the organization and will require knowledge and experience across multiple areas of expertise.
- Implement CCoE governance objectives in a consistent, repeatable, and automated way across multiple CSP’s with an emphasis on AWS and Azure.
- Build effective monitoring, logging, and auditing of IaaS/PaaS cloud environments to ensure a secure and compliant infrastructure.
- Implement key performance indicators and capacity planning metrics defined by CCoE to ensure cost savings opportunities in CSP’s are realized.
- Work with key stakeholders from the organization to provide solutions that meet governance requirements while minimizing risk to security, or impact to development activities.
- Collaborate with team members to accomplish goals by actively participating in the sprint cycle, code reviews, and in helping to build a learning organization.
- Develop Engineering Designs as per the Engineering Design process for productions implementations.
- Develop & implement standard templates for typical cloud-based resource deployments. This will be accomplished using Azure DevOps, Kubernetes/Docker, Terraform, and others.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Security to help plan and carry out the security strategy. Partnership includes, but not limited to; threat detection, incident response, Security tool evaluations/recommendations and reporting.
- Support business direction towards digital transformation, CI/CD pipelines and IaC.
- Develop/Implement programmatical controls in relation to security recommendations on current and future AWS/Azure platforms. Controls should be developed in such a way as to be repeatable and consistent using automated methods.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to elevate our posture to cloud services thru improved security, and best practices.
- Identify security opportunities and assist in defining the strategies for IAM/RBAC, key management and data encryption.
- Stay abreast of the latest industry best practices and be proactive with TAM engagements around cloud deployment needs and security.
- Adhere to company policies & standards and ensure that all internal IT processes are followed.
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Remote opportunity
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- 7-8 years in Enterprise IT Operations with BA/BS, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-6 years working in, securing, and supporting production cloud environments.
- Minimum 6 years development experience using common languages such as (e.g. PowerShell, JSON, YAML, Terraform, Python, Ruby, or other applicable language) with at least 2 years focused on Cloud Automation.
- Minimum 5 years developing solutions on public and/or private cloud platforms with an emphasis towards governance, security & solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Privileged Access Management & Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Advanced knowledge of Roles based Access (RBAC) and SSO Integrations into Azure Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge with the configuration/support of AWS Control Tower, AWS Cloud Watch and/or Azure Policy, Cost Management, Azure Security Center.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration and security best practices around Cloud Resources to include IaaS, PaaS, VPC/VNET, Security Groups/NSG, IAM, Key Management, Storage, Lambda, Lex, Kinesis, Dynamo DB, etc.
- Advanced understanding of supporting, and troubleshooting application level systems, communications, and performance issue in cloud in a multi-tiered architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of containerization/automation/orchestration tools. (e.g. Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, or Terraform)
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-native architectures and design principles for security, scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Advanced knowledge of common Dev Ops frameworks using CI/CD and Scrum.
- Advanced knowledge with source code management using repositories (e.g. Azure DevOps or GitHub) and CI/CD toolsets.
- Advanced knowledge of secure code practices. (e.g. PCI DDS, OWASP)
- Experience working with SAML 2.0 or higher with integration w/3rd party products
- Experiencing automating server configurations and security hardening.
- Strong understanding of ITIL V2/V3, Agile, and Cloud Governance practices.
- Experience dealing with complex cybersecurity architecture.
- Experience working with and supporting AWS Connect is a plus.
- Familiarity with regulatory controls related to PCI/DSS, or HIPAA is a plus.
- AWS/Azure/FinOps/CCSK/CCSP Certifications are a plus.
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed