Job Reference: 9229
If you love building and supporting information technology solutions that make businesses successful, then we have news for you: we’re seeking a AZURE Cloud Architect who is ready to make an impact for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – IT solutions help businesses thrive, but they would be worthless without properly functioning technology solutions. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain world-class business operations. If you can ensure a company’s technology powered operations are reliable, then this position is right for you.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB:
Cloud Operations is responsible for the engineering, and operations of Enterprises Global Cloud platforms. As the AZURE Architect you will be responsible for the implementation of security controls, automation/orchestration of administrative task, and enforcement of governance policies in our AZURE and other cloud environments. You will be focused on developing code that enables a self-service governance framework and reduces risk for the company, improves accountability, scalability, and increases business agility. Efforts you will be involved in will be mostly cross functional that will involve engineers & architects from multiple teams, as such collaboration skills are just as important as technical skills. This position is key to the success of the organization and will require knowledge and experience across multiple areas of expertise.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Provide technical expertise to the Cloud Governance Board in aspects of a Multi-Cloud Cloud Governance Framework.
- Provide technical expertise on the native tools provided by cloud vendors that are integral to the creation of the governance framework.
- Develop code to implement the governance framework across our cloud platforms with an emphasis on Azure.
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of IaaS/PaaS cloud environments to ensure a secure and compliant infrastructure.
- Working with management to establish key performance indicators and capacity planning metrics to ensure cost savings opportunities in cloud platforms are realized.
- Work with key stakeholders from the organization to provide solutions that meet governance requirements while minimizing risk to security, impact to development activities.
- Collaborate with team members to accomplish goals by actively participating in the sprint cycle, code reviews, and in helping to build a learning organization.
- Need to strengthen on the teaching/training aspect
- Lead and teach others in development and Agile methodologies
- Work with management to build the long-term strategic roadmap for the team and provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Develop Engineering Designs as per the client’s Engineering Design process for production implementations.
- Work with Cloud Operations team members to develop & implement standard templates for build automation and security NSG, Server Builds, etc.
- Evaluate security of current Azure Cloud deployments and implement/automate any needed controls.
- Create infrastructure and cloud architecture framework documentation.
- Other duties as discovered and assigned during the baseline and solution design phase of the project.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Minimum 5 years in Enterprise IT with BA/BS, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years in supporting Azure environments
- 5+ years developing with scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, JSON, Python, Ruby, or other applicable language) with at least 2 years focused on Cloud Automation.
- 3+ years developing solutions on public and/or private cloud platforms with an emphasis towards governance, security & solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-native architectures and design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability. (Azure Architecture Design certification preferred)
- Advanced understanding of supporting, and troubleshooting application level systems, communications, and performance issue in cloud in a multi-tiered architecture.
- Expertise in Familiarity with automation/orchestration tools. (e.g. Ansible, Chef, or Terraform)
- Expertise in Familiarity with containerization technologies (Docker and Azure Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Practical understanding of ITIL V2/V3, Agile, and Cloud Governance practices.
- Experience working within a Dev Ops framework using CI/CD and/or Agile.
- Experience with source code repositories (e.g. Azure DevOps, Git) and CI/CD toolsets.
- Familiarity with regulatory controls related to PCI/DSS, or HIPAA is a plus.
- (Need to be able to maintain PCI compliance certification – experience with process)
- Familiarization with SAN (Storage Area Network) infrastructure and support is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud native monitoring tools (i.e. Log Analytics, or Azure Monitor)
- Demonstrated Proficiency in the following technical areas:
- Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- VMWare ESXi, VMWare VSAN & Venter 6.x or newer
- Network Security Practices
- Linux (CentOS/RedHat Preferred)
- Microsoft Server 2012 R2 & 2016
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office Tools specifically MS Excel, & Visio
- Expertise in Azure Policy
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT:
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical:Provided by Aetna
- Dental:Provided by Aetna
- Vision:Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial–4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice:Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following:Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Auto Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Homeowners/Renters Insurance, Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed