Job Reference: 9135
If you love building and supporting information technology solutions that make businesses successful, then we have news for you: we’re seeking a AWS Engineer who is ready to make an impact for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – IT solutions help businesses thrive, but they would be worthless without properly functioning technology solutions. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain world-class business operations. If you can ensure a company’s technology powered operations are reliable, then this position is right for you.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB:
Cloud Operations is responsible for the engineering, and operations of Enterprises Global Cloud platforms. As the AWS Architect you will be responsible for the implementation of security controls, automation/orchestration of administrative task, and enforcement of governance policies in our AWS and other cloud environments. You will be focused on developing code that enables a self-service governance framework and reduces risk for the company, improves accountability, scalability, and increases business agility. Efforts you will be involved in will be mostly cross functional that will involve engineers & architects from multiple teams, as such collaboration skills are just as important as technical skills. This position is key to the success of the organization and will require knowledge and experience across multiple areas of expertise.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical expertise to the Cloud Governance Board in aspects of a Multi-Cloud Cloud Governance Framework.
- Provide technical expertise on the native tools provided by AWS that are integral to the creation of the governance framework.
- Develop code to implement the governance framework across our cloud platforms with an emphasis on AWS.
- Build effective monitoring, logging, and auditing of IaaS/PaaS cloud environments to ensure a secure and compliant infrastructure.
- Working with management establish key performance indicators and capacity planning metrics to ensure cost savings opportunities in AWS are realized.
- Work with key stakeholders from the organization to provide solutions that meet governance requirements while minimizing risk to security, or impact to development activities.
- Collaborate with team members to accomplish goals by actively participating in the sprint cycle, code reviews, and in helping to build a learning organization.
- Work with management to build the long-term strategic roadmap for the team and provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Develop Engineering Designs as per the SYKES Engineering Design process for productions implementations.
- Work with Cloud Operations team members to develop & implement standard templates for Security Groups, EC2, etc.
- Evaluate security of current AWS deployments and implement/automate any needed controls.
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years in Enterprise IT Operations with BA/BS, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in and supporting production AWS environments.
- 5+ years developing with scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, JSON, Python, Ruby, or other applicable language) with at least 2 years focused on Cloud Automation.
- 3+ years developing solutions on public and/or private cloud platforms with an emphasis towards governance, security & solutions.
- Advanced knowledge with the configuration/support of AWS Control Tower/Landing Zone and the AWS Vending Machine.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration and best practices around AWS Resources to include EC2, VPC, Security Groups, IAM, Key Management, S3, Lamda, Lex, Kinesis, Dynamo DB, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-native architectures and design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Advanced understanding of supporting, and troubleshooting application level systems, communications, and performance issue in cloud in a multi-tiered architecture.
- Familiarity working with and supporting AWS Connect.
- Familiarity with automation/orchestration tools. (e.g. Ansible, Chef, or Terraform)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, or Kubernetes)
- Practical understanding of ITIL V2/V3, Agile, and Cloud Governance practices.
- Experience working within a Dev Ops framework using CI/CD and/or Agile.
- Experience with source code repositories (e.g. GitHub or Visual Studio) and CI/CD toolsets.
- Experience working with cloud native monitoring tools
- Experience working with SAML 2.0 or higher with integration w/3rd party products.
- Familiarity with regulatory controls related to PCI/DSS, or HIPAA is a plus.
- Familiarity with SAN (Storage Area Network) infrastructure and support is a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- AWS Certified Architect Preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Tools specifically MS Excel, & Visio
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT:
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical:Provided by Aetna
- Dental:Provided by Aetna
- Vision:Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial–4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice:Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following:Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Auto Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Homeowners/Renters Insurance, Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.